Friday, Oct. 23, 2020
* The Curry County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to find two people sought for alleged drug trafficking. Arrest warrants are being issued for 51-year-old Charles A. Killian, and 44-year-old Tamara R. Gastonguay. Neither were home when a search warrant was served Wednesday. Methamphetamine worth more than $200,000 was located, along with processed marijuana, cash and drug paraphernalia. Anyone who knows the pair’s whereabouts should contact law enforcement.
* More than 4,300 valid ballots have been received by the Del Norte County Clerk’s Office, meaning there are still 11,714 ballots that have yet to be returned. County Clerk Alyssa Northrup stated election workers are still needed for Nov. 3. Those interested should call 465-0383. Northrup reports voting machines have been tested and ready. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
* Del Norte County reported three new Covid-19 cases Thursday, along with one new patient in Curry County. Two of the Del Norte cases were family related, the other one was travel related. The Curry patient is from the north part of the county, and is currently hospitalized.
* The fourth drive-through flu vaccine clinic is slated for Saturday at the Del Norte County Public Health Department off Northcrest Drive. The free event for those ages 10 and older will go from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Masks are required. Call public health at 464-0861.
* Firefighters continue their effort to contain the Slater Fire, which has now scorched 156,646 acres. Winds and dry conditions have crews focusing on patrol, monitoring and suppression repair. Cost of the fire is now over $47.5 million.
We have detected that you are using an adblock in your browser’s plugin to disable advertising from loading on our website.
Your Experience is very important to us, and your Ad Blocker enabled will cause our site not to perform as expected. Turn off the Ad Blocker or add our site to your exceptions. After you turn off or add exception please refresh the site or click ok.