Friday, Jan. 22, 2021
* The annual Bi-Coastal Media “Coats for Kids” campaign concludes Saturday at the Family Resource Center of the Redwoods on Pacific Street in Crescent City. This year’s event will be a drive-through in nature for young people in need of a warm jacket. The event goes from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* A structure fire on Azalea Park Road in Brookings left the building severely damaged Tuesday. The blaze was brought under control at 2:17 p.m. by the Brookings and Harbor Fire Departments. No injuries were reported. The resident, her daughter, and another couple living in an outbuilding were displaced. They were put in touch with the Red Cross.
* The annual 4-H Soup Supper and Country Auction will have a different look this year. Soup will be sold by the quart from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday for $5. Drive up to the kitchen in the back of the main building of the Del Norte Fairgrounds. At the same time, a silent auction will be held at the fairgrounds’ arts and crafts building. At 2 p.m., a drive-in auction is scheduled in the back of the grandstands. The event is a major fund-raiser for the local 4-H program.
* A free six-week course is being offered to parents covering “Social-Emotion Strategies for Parents and Caregivers” starting Feb. 2. The classes will go from 6:30 to 8 p.m. via Zoom. For more information and to register, contact Lindy Holloway of the Del Norte Unified School District at 954-9333.
* Volunteers are sought for the Rural Human Services’ food bank programs. To take part, call Myrtle Thompson at 464-7441.
We have detected that you are using an adblock in your browser’s plugin to disable advertising from loading on our website.
Your Experience is very important to us, and your Ad Blocker enabled will cause our site not to perform as expected. Turn off the Ad Blocker or add our site to your exceptions. After you turn off or add exception please refresh the site or click ok.