Wednesday, April 14, 2021
* A pair of Del Norte County residents died this past weekend, bringing the number of Covid-19 related deaths in the community to seven. The two individuals, both in their 70s, suffered from underlying health issues. There are currently 21 active Covid-19 cases in Del Norte County. In Curry County, there are currently 19 active cases. Nine residents there have died from the virus.
* Redwood National and State Parks is seeking local youngsters ages 15 to 18 to apply for Youth Conservation Corps jobs this summer. The eight-week program starts June 28 and ends Aug. 30. Five males and five females will be selected. Go to www.nps.gov/redw and enter “YCC” into the search bar. Applications will be selected on a random basis in early May.
* Crescent City’s Fifth Street between H and I streets will be closed today for road repair from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Time is running out to see the exhibit of oil paintings titled “A Scenic Vision” by artist Jonathan Gaetke. The works can be viewed at the Del Norte County Courthouse until April 22. For more information, contact the Del Norte Association for Cultural Awareness at 464-1336.
In sports news:
* Kickoff time for Saturday’s varsity football game between Del Norte and St. Bernard’s High is now a half-hour later. Catch the Warrior Pregame Show on KPOD FM and Del Norte Sports.com at 1:15 p.m. Game time in Eureka is now set for 1:30 p.m.